Community Leader Scholarships
Four Catapult Community Leaders Scholarships are made available each year. Applications for 2018 Scholarships will open in February 2018.
Catapult’s purpose is to unleash brilliance in people, organisations and communities. Our vision is to lift the prosperity and well being of all New Zealanders by creating a big leap in leadership capability and confidence.
Operating from our purpose and vision we have created four Catapult Community Leaders Scholarships for community leaders to attend Catapult Leadership held quarterly in Martinborough.
Applicants for the Catapult Community Leaders Scholarship have to meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to creating positive social change
- Grit, courage, and perseverance
- A minimum of four years work experience including some leadership and management experience
- Currently working for a not-for-profit organisation in a role with significant scope to influence social change
In 2016, we chose:
1. Scott Miller, CE, Volunteering New Zealand
2. Tayyaba Khan, CE, ChangeMakers Refugee Forum
3. Belinda van Eyndhoven, Manager Projects, Sustainable Business Council
4. Jen Gibson, Operations Manager Lower Hutt, Kaibosh Food Rescue
In 2017 we chose:
1. Nada Piatek, EcoEnterprise Manager, Sustainability Trust
2. Leanne Dawson, CE, SPACE NZ Trust
3. Stephanie Clare, CE, Age Concern New Zealand
4. Gail Marshall, Co-founder, Community Comms Collective
What People Say
"Absolutely life changing. The programme provided me with the tools, support and confidence to be a better leader in both my work and home life. Without a doubt the most practical, inspiring and fun programme I have ever attended."
Belinda van Eyndhoven